10.16.2007

A windfall heirloom.

"The Stars of October is a unique piece of art that was designed by one member of the New Mexico Quilters' Association and crafted by 31 members of our guild," according to Linda C. Cotton, President, NMQA.

It took more than 700 hours over a span of nine months to complete and it's tough to convey in photos the beauty and true craftsmanship of this work. We extend our appreciation to all the NMQA members who had a part in creating this treasure.

Our daughter says, "I was very excited when we heard on the message player that we won the quilt. I like all the balloons and I haven't decided which one I like best yet. I like the patterns and the details on the quilt. I like the stars below and the shapes. Someday I hope I can make something as beautiful as this. I always wanted to be a quilter."